For many men, their beards are their pride and joy. But growing a beard and maintaining it are two different things. Some men may think that a quick rinse in the shower is enough, but keeping a beard healthy and making sure the skin underneath doesn’t get dry requires using a beard conditioner. That’s why we’ve decided to do the research for you and come up with the best beard conditioners, ranked by price. First, we’ll tell you a little more about why beard conditioner is so essential though.
Here’s a rundown of the basics, and some answers to frequently asked questions.
1. What Is Beard Conditioner?
Beard Conditioner is a leave-in conditioner that is formulated out of a blend of oils. Like regular conditioner, this product is meant to add the moisture and vitamins your beard needs to stay healthy.
2. Why Use Beard Conditioner?
Image by pixabay
Just like the hair on your head, your beard needs a certain level of maintenance to keep it looking fresh and sophisticated. If you want to avoid itchiness or the dreaded beard dandruff, we recommend using a conditioner to solve these issues before they even start. Afterall, healthy skin leads to a healthy beard.
3. Where Can You Buy Beard Conditioner?
Image by pixabay
Beard conditioners can be bought in-store or online. They’re an increasingly popular product, so it’s never been easier to find them than now.
How We Reviewed These Beard Conditioners
We’ve researched these beard conditioners and sorted out the bad from the good. We’ve reviewed them thoroughly and identified their best and worst features. As a community of men who are invested in our beards, we’ve only chosen to include the best of the best.
Overall Price Range of This Product
Depending on the brand and the quality, beard conditioner can cost anywhere from $10 to $70. Most fall somewhere in between though. A good beard conditioner is definitely worth the investment though.
What We Reviewed
- Clubman 2-in-1 Beard Conditioner and Face Moisturizer
- Honest Amish – Classic Beard Oil
- Green Leaf Naturals Aloe Vera Beard Conditioner
- Beard Oil by Seven Potions
- Tree Naturals ZEN Hair & Beard Leave-In Conditioner Spray
- Beardoholic Natural Beard Oil
- Smooth Viking Beard Conditioner
- Polished Gentleman Beard Growth and Thickening Conditioner
- ArtNaturals Beard Oil and Conditioner
- Woody’s Beard 2-in-1 Conditioner
Clubman 2-in-1 Beard Conditioner and Face Moisturizer
- MOISTURIZE AND CONDITION FACIAL HAIR: Perfect for men with long, unruly beards, you can moisturize and condition your...
- CONTROLS FRIZZINESS, FOR A NATURAL BEARD SHINE: Whatever you’re into, the Clubman Pinaud 2-in-1 Beard Conditioner and...
- MAKE LOOKING GOOD EASY: Get that revitalized fresh stache and face in minutes! The Clubman Pinaud 2-in-1 Beard...
This US manufactured beard conditioner is both a conditioner and a face moisturizer. It leaves the beard soft and easier to style and comb.
- Gluten-free, paraben free, noncomedogenic
- Leaves the skin feelings hydrated
- Softens beard hair and works well with other styling products.
- Strongly scented
- Occasionally flakes
- Doesn’t spread evenly
Honest Amish-Classic Beard Oil
- Hand Crafted in the USA
- Organic Virgin Argan, Golden Jojoba and 6 More Premium Hydrating Oils
- All Natural and Organic Ingredients
This beard conditioner is also made in the USA and features jojoba, argan, and 6 other high-quality oils. The ingredients are formulated with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to promote the beard and skin health.
- Uses organic ingredients
- Smoothes beard, resulting in fewer flyaway hairs
- Helps prevent beardruff
- Works well on coarse and semi-coarse hair
- Can leave beard feeling oily
- Can rub off on skin or clothes
- Has a strong smell
Green Leaf Naturals Aloe Vera Beard Conditioner
- YOU GET THE BEST INGREDIENTS AND NO OILY RESIDUE: Contains 99.75% pure organic aloe vera gel; cold pressed from...
- YOUR BEARD OR GOATEE WILL ROCK WITH HEALTH: Nature's nourishing answer to a healthy, moisturized, conditioned beard
- NATURE'S PERFECT BEARD CONDITIONER AND MOISTURIZER: Use on facial and head hair after showers and shaving; great on bald...
This beard conditioner prides itself on offering little to no oily residue; its main ingredient is cold-pressed aloe vera gel. Green Leaf Naturals focuses on improving the moisture and health of your beard, is cruelty-free and pet safe.
- Has a neutral odor
- Helps with beard dandruff
- Softens the hair over time; reduces coarseness
- Doesn’t leave a residue on clothing or pillows
- Effectiveness changes depending on beard texture
- Doesn’t completely relieve itching
Beard Oil by Seven Potions
- REFINED SCENT: Blended with cedar wood and sandalwood, our Woodland Harmony scented beard oil offers a fragrance that...
- 100% NATURAL: All our beard conditioning oils are made out of the finest organic oils & extracts
- SOFTENING: Formulated to condition, this beard oil makes your beard soft & helps with beard growth
This beard oil claims to have a refined and woodsy scent, perfect for the more rustic among us. It has a 100% all natural ingredient list and uses high-quality oils and extracts to soften the beard and promote growth.
- Has all natural organic ingredients
- Mildly scented, and scent dissipates after a few minutes
- Does not leave an oily residue
- Helps soften coarse hair and prevent tangles
- Doesn’t completely get rid of itchiness
- Not for those who don’t like the scent of sandalwood
Tree Naturals ZEN Hair & Beard Leave-In Conditioner Spray
- Hydrates and Softens Hair & Beard
- Convenient Spray that Travels Easily
- Gentle formula can be used Daily
This leave-in comes in spray form and features a citrus scent. It hydrates the skin and softens the beard, and is conveniently travel-sized, making it great for on the go. It also claims to help with thinning hairlines.
- Good smell that isn’t too strong
- Helps give hair a more textured appearance
- Leaves hair feeling soft and conditioned
- The texture is too thick for some customers
- The spray nozzle is poorly designed
Beardoholic Natural Beard Oil
- It will help you to STOP A BEARD ITCH and TO ELIMINATE BEARD DANDRUFF. Plus it also helps with DRY SKIN under your beard
- 100% Pure Natural Ingredients. We choose quality over quantity. No additives or GMO's. PARABEN FREE.
- EASY TO USE. Put few drops onto your hand and then rub into your beard. Plus, it smells nice and fresh with the essence...
This product features 100% all natural ingredients. It tries to eliminate beard dandruff and also claims to eliminate the dryness in the skin underneath the beard as well. A small amount of product goes a long way-only a couple of drops, depending on beard length.
- Has no GMOs and is paraben free
- Comes in an amber bottle to reduce oxidation
- Makes the beard fuller and thicker
- Described by some as having a chemical smell
- Is on the pricier side
Smooth Viking Beard Conditioner
- Deep Conditioning for your Beard-The perfect softener for itchy course beard hair.
- No Itch Growth-Our formula gives support for every strand. So no itch while growing out your beard.
- Incredibly effective beard softening-You only need a little bit of our formula to see great results.
This product is designed to deep condition your beard and promotes rapid beard growth. It also tries to eliminate itch and has an easy application. This product is designed to be quick and easy to apply and work well in conjunction with other Smooth Viking products.
- Makes the beard easier to comb
- Has a very neutral smell
- Is easy to apply, and can be used in the shower
- Leaves little residue and can be used before bed
- Doesn’t have much hold
- Some users still experienced flaking and itching
- Many noted the product made little noticeable difference
Polished Gentleman Beard Growth and Thickening Conditioner
- I MUSTACHE YOU A QUESTION. Tired of collecting those beard growth products? Get an all-in-one solution!
- MADE FROM AN ORGANIC RECIPE. This all-natural beard softener set can definitely satisfy your manly bearded needs.
- GROW YOUR BEARD EFFORTLESSLY. Get your facial hair its maximum volume with this beard wash & conditioner.
Key Features of this product include increasing the growth and volume of beards. All of the ingredients are locally sourced and organic. There is also a helpful return policy with a money back guarantee.
- Uses biotin to promote hair and beard growth
- Makes beard easier to comb
- Especially effective on larger beards
- A recent formula change has caused some to claim the product is not as effective as before
- Runs out quickly, especially if you purchase the smaller sizes
ArtNaturals Beard Oil and Conditioner
- CONDITION AND MOISTURIZE - ArtNaturals Beard and Stache Oil blends organic Jojoba oil, Moroccan Argan oil and Vitamin E...
- ELIMINATES ITCH AND FLAKING - Soothing, hydrating formula eliminates itching, skin flaking (“beardruff”), and fights...
- SAFE FOR ALL SKIN TYPES - Organic oils natural antioxidant benefits clean and purify skin’s pores, as they fight...
Key Features of this product include soothing itch and cleansing facial hair in addition to conditioning it. It also helps promote healthy skin and clears up acne. This product is 100% organic and also boasts of being unscented.
- Contains antioxidants that make this product safe and healthy for all skin types
- Easy to use and makes the beard easier to style after application
- Promotes full and even growth, reducing patchiness
- The coconut and other oils can sometimes solidify in cooler homes
- Its liquid format can make it difficult to work into a beard
- Has a strong scent that can be overpowering
Woody’s Beard 2-in-1 Conditioner
- Prevents dry skin, leaving it refreshed
- Cooling sensation of grapefruit
- Keeps beard soft, no more wiry beard!
This product is designed to moisturize the beard as well as dry and flaking skin underneath. Its chemical composition increases collagen synthesis and creates a cooling sensation of grapefruit for skin rejuvenation.
- Has a citrus scent that gives your beard a soft and pleasant fragrance
- Softens and smoothes the beard
- Gives a smooth, clean look without the mess or oil of traditional beard products
- Prevents itching and dandruff build up
- Can take about 5-6 uses to experience results
- Can slightly change hair color
A dry, itchy, flaky beard isn’t fun for anyone. And from our research, the product that’s likely to give you the softest beard and promote hair growth without having a strong smell or strange texture is the Beardoholic Natural Beard oil. Although it’s more expensive, the quality is definitely worth the price.