Many men look for an electric shaver that can shave unwanted hair quickly and effectively, especially those who are in a rush in the morning. This is a Braun Series 7 740s review, where we’re going over the electric shaver’s many different features, pros and cons, and users opinions. Complete with 10,000 micro vibrations that help remove more hair with each stroke, this shaver has features like Pulsonic technology that can prove to be convenient on busy mornings.
Braun Series 7 740s Product Description
This electric shaver is easy to use, whether you’re new to electric shavers or experienced, and it comes with three modes of shaving: Intensive Mode, Extra Sensitive Mode, and Normal Mode. Using these modes is as simple as pressing the two buttons on the sides of the switch labeled ON/OFF. The Optifoil, which is a perforated foil Braun usually utilizes in its shavers, has hexagonal holes, which are superior to round holes.
The shaver’s flexible shaving system is completed by the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd cutting stages, which can be used for shaving short hair, shaving or trimming curled and long hairs, and completely shaving off hair. With its Pulsonic technology, the vibrations occur 10,000 times per minute, which captures unwanted hair more efficiently.
The ActiveLift system helps to lift and cut your hair to size, and the battery life lasts for up to 50 minutes of shaving time, after an hour of charging. You can also choose a quick charge of five minutes, if you’re in a rush. The shaver can be used for wet or dry shaving, but can’t be used while it’s plugged in for safety reasons.
Braun Series 7 740s Pros
Below are some of the most important features worth mentioning in a Braun Series 7 740s review. These include the three personalized modes, long battery life, ergonomic design, ActiveLift system, and more.
- Three different shaving modes. The Braun Series 7 740s has three different shaving modes to choose from. You can decide between the Intensive mode, which thoroughly shaves your hair, the Extra Sensitive mode, for those who are prone to irritation from shaving, and the Normal mode, for trimming long hairs.
- Long battery life. Charging the shaver for about an hour can give you up to 50 minutes of shaving time. If you need a quick trim, and don’t have too much time to charge it, you have the choice of a quick charge, which lasts approximately five minutes.
- Ergonomic build and aesthetic. The razor is hefty in size, but it’s comfortable to hold and use, as it adapts to the contours of your face. It’s slim enough to maneuver in a flexible manner, and the rubber grip gives ensures better handling and less accidents. Additionally, there is a small LCD on the bottom of this razor that tells you how much battery life you have left.
- Nifty ActiveLift system. This technology combats the problem of parallel hair growth by being equipped with a middle trimmer, which is a slit of foil that lifts and cuts your hair to size. This way, your hairs are intercepted easily, and are cut closer to the skin’s surface.
- Pulsonic vibration technology. For a neater shave, the Braun Series 7 740s uses micro-vibrations that happen 10,000 per minute. With this, the razor’s head captures and oscillates unwanted hair more efficiently, so as to not leave behind stray hairs.
- Wet and dry shaving. No matter if you use shaving cream or not, this razor is useful, since it works for either wet or dry shaving, without affecting the razor’s performance.
Braun Series 7 740s Cons
While this razor has important benefits, there are some slight issues that some users might encounter as well. Below are some of the most common problems among users.
- Can’t use while plugged in. Unfortunately, the shaver can’t be used while it’s being charged. This is mostly for safety purposes, for the product might get warm in your hands.
- Build quality. The build quality of the Braun razor is arguable, for some say the construction is well-designed, while other say the quality could be improved. Compared to razors from brands like Panasonic, the appearance may be a little less attractive.
- Hair adaptability takes a while. The instructions for this device say that it takes three to four weeks for your facial hair to adapt to using this shaver, especially for those with thick beards.
- Awkward trimmer angle. Some find that the precision trimmer is set at an odd 90-degree angle, which can take some getting used to if you’ve only used razors that have the trimmer pushed straight up.
Accessories and Additional Pieces
While you have to buy the Braun Pulsonic Clean and Charge Base unit seperately, included with the Braun razor is a special cord set that has an integrated extra low voltage power supply. It also comes with a small brush, a travel case, and 3.17 ml of oil for cleaning the razor.
What Users Say
The most positive reviews of this razor show much favor towards its smooth shaving capability, long lasting charge, custom three-step intensity modes, and convenient indicator light. The full charge is said to last the user about 10 shaves, but this varies with each user. It’s also mentioned that you need patience when moving to an electric razor from a rotary or a blade one, but this one is worth its value because of its shaving quality.
Some people state that while the razor gives a nice and close shave, the shaver head isn’t removable, so you have to shake out the hair cuttings instead of being able to take it out for daily cleaning. The shaver isn’t too heavy, and the battery life is sufficient, although some users say it takes a few passes to shave hair off thoroughly.
A more negative review points out that the trimmer angle is awkward, which isn’t ideal for perfectionists or those who want a precise look. It’s also said to be a bit loud when in use, and the Pulsonic vibrations don’t offer that much feedback into what has been shaved and what hasn’t. Shaving with the razor can apparently get pretty messy, so it’s advised to use it over the sink.
Overall, our Braun Series 7 740s review hinted at a good quality razor, particularly for those are patient enough to adapt to electric shavers, and who want a neat shave. There are many convenient features to talk about, such as the three shaving modes, wet and dry shaving compatibility, long battery life, and Pulsonic vibration technology. On the other hand, the trimmer isn’t perfect either. That being said, the Braun Series 7 740s is worth buying, but if you prefer something better, be prepared to look at more expensive devices. We hope this Braun Series 7 740s review helped you make a decision!