A lot of women get tired of spending money on waxing or disposable razors, and look for alternatives for their hair removal routine. Epilators are a rather popular way of removing hair easily, and can often keep hair away for weeks. In this Braun Silk Epil SE3270 review, we’re going to go over the features of this epilator, along with its pros, cons, additional pieces, and users’ opinions. This epilator claims to be able to remove even the finest hairs with its convenient Smartlight, and has many other features that can provide smooth skin that lasts longer than waxing or shaving.
Braun Silk Epil SE3270 Product Description
The Braun Silk Epil 3270 is equipped with a Smartlight that shows really fine hairs, for a more thorough epilating job. The 20 tweezers in its system pull hairs from the root, which makes for weeks of smooth skin before the next session. For an easier hair removal process, its SoftLift Tips lift up flat lying hairs, and guide them towards the tweezers.
The massage rollers gently stimulate and massage the skin, for a more comfortable epilating experience. Since everyone doesn’t have the same skin type, the device has two speed settings that let you choose which is best for your individual skin type, comfort level, and personal beauty routine.
Unfortunately, there’s only a corded model, but with its simple design, it’s rather easy to use, especially if you’re new to using epilators. It can only be used on dry skin, and can be pretty effective if held at a 90-degree angle to the skin. With regular use, the Braun Silk Epil 3270 will become less uncomfortable. To clean the epilator, you can simply remove the attachments and rinse it in water.
Braun Silk Epil SE3270 Pros
The Braun Silk Epil 3270 has plenty of pros that make it highly popular. The next section of this Braun Silk Epil SE3270 review details these pros.
- Easy to clean. Although you can’t run water over the device (since it’s not waterproof) you can use the small cleaning brush it usually comes with to keep it hygienic for the next time you need to use the epilator.
- Portable. The device is smaller than other similar products, which makes it easier to take with you anywhere you go.
- Smartlight. Because of the epilator’s Smartlight, you can see the finest hairs on your skin, for an extra thorough hair removal process. This is especially handy for peach fuzz on the face.
- Massage rollers. The massage rollers massage your skin, for more comfort and less pain as you use the device.
- 2-speed settings. It’s rather simple to operate the epilator, for all you have to do is press the power button, choose your preferred speed, and gently glide it across your legs, arms, bikini area, or underarms.
Braun Silk Epil SE3270 Cons
As we’ve already shown, the Braun Silk Epil 3270 has a lot of benefits, but there are also some slight issues that users may come to find when using it. Here are the most relevant ones.
- Not cordless. There is no cordless version of the Silk Epil 3270, which may be inconvenient for those who have power outlets that aren’t easy to reach.
- Not waterproof. Unfortunately, because the device is corded, you can’t use it in the shower.
- Can only be used on dry skin. The epilator can only be used on dry skin, so it’s highly recommended to keep your skin exfoliated and moisturized after use.
Accessories and Additional Pieces
The Braun Silk Epil 3270 comes with a shaver head that allows you to use the epilator as a dry shaver, and a trimmer cap for use on hair in sensitive areas such as underarms, the face, and the bikini area.
What Users Say
A positive Braun Silk Epil SE3270 review shows a lot of favor towards the epilator’s handy Smartlight, which makes it a lot easier to see thin and fine hairs, such as finger hairs or peach fuzz. It’s said to be uncomfortable during the first couple of uses, but you get used to the pain after some time. It also depends on how high your pain tolerance is. The 20-tweezer design helps keep hair away for weeks of smooth skin, which is a lot longer than what shaving or waxing gives you. It’s also quicker than shaving, since not everyone has so much time to spare.
Other reviews of this device point out that it’s simple to use, and the settings are easy enough to understand and change. It is a bit painful at first, but as many users have said, it takes some time to get used to. It misses a few hairs from time to time, because of its small size (which obviously means less coverage), but other than that, it seems to be effective, especially on the highest setting. The device is a little awkward to handle due to its size, but it’s portable enough to take it with you anywhere.
A more negative Braun Silk Epil SE3270 review complains that it’s rather painful on sensitive areas, and causes a slight irritation after use. The massage rollers aren’t too effective, but the epilator is able to keep hair from growing for more than a week. It’s also not too good with tiny hairs, so you have to make a couple of passes over the same spot for a more thorough hair removal.
Although there are similar models to the Braun Silk Epil 3270 that can offer more coverage and efficiency, this model is ideal for those who are seeking an epilator that’s more within their tight budget, yet can still get the job done. Its Smartlight feature helps you see finer hairs, for a more thorough removal, and the 20-tweezer system keeps hairs removed for weeks. With its shaver head, trimmer cap, and massage rollers, the Braun Silk Epil 3270 can give you smooth skin for a long period of time. We hope you’ve enjoyed reading through our Braun Silk Epil SE3270 review!