Philips Norelco PT730/41 is one of the shavers used by most people and professional shavers to cut and style head hair, beards, mustache, and sideburns. It is black in color with a silver head and a v-shaped silver line on the front. It is durable, has a flex head that shaves hard to reach contours, and it is also washable. Other notable features on this shaver are the pop-up trimmer, dual blade system, and a worldwide voltage function.
Our article examines the pros and cons of using the rotary shaver and gives insight on what you might experience when using the shaver. The verdicts are drawn from user opinions. Therefore, this article serves as a buying guide to help you make an informed decision.
Philips Norelco PT730/41 Electric Shaver Description
The Philips Norelco PT730/41 head shaver is designed to cut both long and short hair. The head shaver has a pop-up trimmer that helps you style your hair, beard, mustache, and sideburns. The Philips Norelco electric head shaver features a flexing head that fits the different contours of your head, face, and neck. For this reason, the shaver cuts effortlessly and eliminates skin irritation that often comes after a shave.
For maintenance purposes, this machine is fully washable using running water. Use the cleaning brush provided if the machine has accumulated dirt that needs scrubbing. Another important feature on this head shaver is that you can use it cordless. One charge can last for 40 minutes. If your shaver runs out of power and you need a quick shave, charge it for three minutes, and there will be enough charge to take you through a shave. An indicator on the shaver lets you monitor your usage.
The Philips Norelco is suitable for men. Both beginners and pros can use it since it does not require prior shaving experience. You can purchase the Philips Norelco electric head shaver from Amazon.
Philips Norelco Electric Head Shaver Pros
Based on the features listed in the product description above, this shaver is likely to give you an improved shaving experience. Below, we examine some of the benefits that you are set to enjoy from using this electric head shaver.
- It gives you a smooth and comfortable shave. This shaver has three rotary heads with sharp blades that cut long, short, and multi-directional growing hair with a few passes. Furthermore, the rotating head flexes according to the contours of your head, face, chin, and jaw. This flexibility helps you to shave effortlessly on the hard to shave contours.
- It is suitable for flat lying hairs Philips Norelco PT730/41. The electric head shaver features a lift and cut system that raises flat-lying hair for cutting.
- Suitable to trim and style mustache, eyebrows, and sideburns. The back side of this electric shaver from Norelco has a pop-up trimmer. The trimmer helps you trim your eyebrows, beards, and mustache. Besides trimming, the pop-up trimmer also allows you to style your hair for an enhanced look.
- It is easy to clean. After you finish shaving, hold the shaver under running water to get rid of any hairs or shaving gel trapped within the blades and the rotary head. You can use its cleaning brush to eliminate any stubborn dirt.
- It is rechargeable. Another advantage of this shaver is that it is rechargeable. You can charge it for three minutes for a single use.
Philips Norelco PT730/41 Electric Head Shaver Cons
Even the best shavers in the market do not lack their downsides. Some of the typical problems that you might experience when using this electric shaver include:
- Battery lasts for a short time. The first downside you would experience while using this electric head shaver is that the battery takes eight hours to charge. The downside is that it lasts for only 40 minutes. Therefore, this product may not be suitable for travelers or campers who cannot access a power supply to regularly charge their shaver.
- Shaving head needs replacement every 12 months of use. Another downside of this Philips Norelco electric head shaver is that the rotary heads wear out and get dull after a year. Since there is no way you can sharpen them, you need to replace them with HQ8 replacement heads.
- Not intended for sensitive skin. This electric head shaver is not intended for people with sensitive skin. As such, it can cause redness and skin irritation after a shave. This is because you need more passes for a close and even shave.
Accessories and Additional Pieces
Philips Norelco Electric Head Shaver comes in a box containing a cleaning brush to help you keep your shaver clean, a user manual to guide you on the proper use of the electric shaver, a protective cap that safeguards the shaving heads and a power cord used to power your electric shaver.
What Users Say
A 55-year-old man, who has used different electric shavers, attests in his review that this electric shaver from Norelco gave him the best shaving experience in comparison with other shavers like Braun foil shaver. According to the user, he had to change the Braun foil shaver’s shaving head after every six months. He recommends the Philips Norelco shaver because it’s comfortable and it shaves quickly through long hair.
Another user says that this electric shaver from Philips Norelco gives him a close shave and it’s gentle on the skin. Furthermore, the Philips Norelco Shaver is quiet and it fits comfortably on the user’s hand giving him adequate control when shaving.
A discontented user says that he has used Norelco Products for almost 40 years. The user states that previous products worked well, but this Philips Norelco PT730 could not meet his expectations. He says that its motor is slow and the pop-up trimmer is not sturdy.
Philips Norelco PT730/41 electric head shaver gives you a close and comfortable shave. It is easy to clean after use, and it has a pop-up trimmer to help you style your beards. However, the shaver is not suitable for sensitive skin, and its charge lasts only for a short period.
As such, we recommend this electrical head shaver for all people with long hair growing into multiple directions, those whose skin is not sensitive, and those who would love to detail their hair into different styles. Do you have any questions or opinions regarding the Philips Norelco PT730/41 electric shaver? Let us know in the comments below. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter for complete shaving solution information.