The Philips Norelco Shaver 6400 is a mid-range electric shaver that uses Norelco’s Gyroflex technology, a system in which the rotary heads pivot in a circular motion and inward to adjust closely to the contours of the face. This shaver is the reinvented edition of the SensoTouch 2D. This article will present the main features, pros and cons, accessories, and verified customer reviews of this shaver.
Philips Norelco Shaver 6400 Description
The Philips Norelco Shaver 6400 has an innovative design based on Norelco’s traditional rotary head, the SensoTouch 2D. Its design is sleeker, curvier, and wider than most Norelco products.
As mentioned above, this cordless shaver uses the Gyroflex contouring technology and SkinGlide surface for its DualPrecision shaving heads. It also comes with Norelco’s well-known lift-and-cut blade system, which goes slightly under the surface of the skin to give you an extremely close and even shave that is difficult to get with a machine.
The 6400 is nothing more than a 6100 shaver that also comes with a trimming attachment for beard, mustache, and sideburn grooming. It has 27 rotating blades summing up to 56,700 cuts per minute and it heads can move in 5 separate directions.
It also comes with a docking and charging station and a LED display. A charge for this shaver ensures 50 minutes of continual use and also comes with a quick charge mode (5 minutes of charging for one shave).
- Wet and dry shaving. This is especially helpful for men with extremely sensitive skin which irritates when dry shaving.
- 100% washable. This unit can be washed under water.
- Worldwide voltage. There’s no need for a converter with this Norelco Shaver 6400 shaver, which makes it easy to travel abroad with.
- Quick battery charge time. It takes just 5 minutes to charge the machine for a single shave and an hour to charge it for about 2 weeks. This is a big improvement over Norelco’s entry-level models which take hours to charge fully.
- Doubles as a beard trimmer. The Norelco Shaver 6400 shaver also comes with a trimming attachment which eliminates the need for an extra appliance.
- Gyroflex, Lift-and-Cut, and DualPrecision technology. Norelco’s proprietary technology makes for a very close and uniform shave that resembles the results of a safety razor. Their DualPrecision head design helps eliminate the difficulties in getting rid of longer hair and extremely short stubble.
- No corded use. Even though this shaver charges fast and also comes with a quick charge mode, in the event of a battery failure, you would have to either purchase a new machine or wait for customer service to ship you a new one.
- Cannot charge without base. Not being able to charge the Norelco 6400 without the base is a slight inconvenience when traveling because of the extra space required.
- Noisy. Some reviewers have complained that the motor is a bit on the noisy side.
- Only slightly less expensive 3D model. The higher-end Norelco models use a more advanced form of their contouring technology, so it might make more sense to go for the Philips Norelco Sensotouch 3D model.
- Small collection chamber. Some customers complained about needing to clear the collection chamber far too often.
- The rotary head system is not very intuitive. Those used to more conventional electric razors do find the contouring system difficult to use initially, but most get used to it eventually.
Accessories and Additional Pieces
The Philips Norelco Shaver 6400 comes with a charging base, a click-on precision trimmer head for mustache and side burn trimming, a protection cap, power cord, cleaning brush, and a beard trimmer.
What Users Say
User reviews have been extremely favorable overall. Most people are impressed by the 6400’s versatility since it offers up a close shave with minimal irritation and works with wet shaving. They also note how well it works on neck hair.
Verified customer Mante mentioned he is very happy with the product, even though it has less features than other shavers in the Norelco series. Unlike most trimmers and shavers, the Philips Norelco Shaver 6400 did not cause any bumps or irritation after 3 days of use. in addition, it’s also quicker than other electric shavers.
However, another customer is somewhat disappointed in the beard attachment and the need to alternate between the shaving and the trimmer head. In addition, this machine seems to tear away longer hairs. The same customer noted this device does not show its battery levels when in use or when turned on or off, but overall declared it an OK product.
The Philips Norelco Shaver 6400 is an affordable shaver/trimmer that works best for those experienced in shaving with Norelco products. It also has all the major features that make using an electric razor worth it. The main drawback is that it might not be worth the savings to go for the 2D Norelco 6400 model versus Norelco’s 3D shavers. However, most users are extremely satisfied with the close and comfortable shave they get from this Norelco shaver. Wet/Dry shaving, Norelco’s sophisticated contouring technology, and the lift-and-cut system lead to an excellent value for the money.