When it comes to shaving, regardless if it is a foil shaver or rotary shaver, the quality of the shave is quintessential. The shaver must be versatile, adaptive to various skin and hair types, and, most of all, it must offer a painless shave. This is where the Braun Series 7 790cc-4 electric shaver comes in. It is a mid-range foil shaver and it has an impressive array of features. This review will check all that the Braun series 7 shaver boasts and will give a verdict regarding its usability. Let’s begin.
Braun Series 7 790cc-4 Electric Shaver Description
The Braun Series 7 790cc shaver electric has a sleek, but sturdy appearance, and it is exclusively a dry shaver. Although it uses trimming technology, it is primarily a shaver, not a trimmer. This Braun is a fairly complex electric razor and probably not the best choice for newcomers to shaving due to the price and the lack of a cord option.
The Braun Series 7 790cc-4 electric shaver for men is a mid-range foil shaver engineered to cut hair all the way to 0.05 mm. The heart of this machine is the triple-foil system, which uses a different technology in each blade. This allows you to get the close shave that you would expect from shaving wet with a safety razor. This advanced Braun electric razor is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and comes with a cleaning and recharging station.
This dry shaver uses Braun’s proprietary Intelligent Sonic technology in the foil blades, also known as the Braun Series 7 790cc Pulsonic shaver system. This allows the system to produce 10,000 micro-vibrations per second to power through difficult areas with extremely dense hair. This smart technology “reads” your face and adapts to its contours. Thus, you can get the same results as a safety razor with less pressure, for a much gentler shave. In addition, these shavers are equipped with Braun’s ActiveLift trimmer, designed to handle the flat hairs found in the chin.
Based on what we’ve discussed above, let’s make a quick summary of this dry shaver’s best features.
- Personalized experience. The Braun Series 7 790cc 4 shaver has three settings: from extra sensitive, for men who tend to get a lot of irritation, to intense, for men who want a more aggressive shave.
- Cleaning and charging station. This is a unique selling point for this machine. The Clean & Charge system follows a five-step process to completely clean and charge your razor through the push of a button. The alcohol-based process ensures that you will always have a clean and charged shaver ready to go in the morning. The Series 7 790cc-4 is not fully washable though.
- Three different technologies in the foil. This is what really makes the difference for safety razor level of closeness. The mentioned Intelligent Sonic technology pinpoints the areas with a thick beard, while the trimmer helps you get a smooth shave on the chin and neck, which are traditionally cumbersome areas. We could call this the Braun Series 7 790cc Pulsonic shaver system.
- Super close shave. The third technology, The Braun OptiFoil blades are designed to give the user a much closer shave than what is usually possible with shaving machines.
- Lithium-ion battery. The five-action Clean & Charge system uses a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which fully charges in one hour. Once charged, the battery provides 50 minutes of shaving time.
Braun Series 7 790cc-4 Electric Shaver Cons
- Now that we have seen the best features of the Braun Series 7 790cc shaver, it’s time to take a look at its weak points as well. This way, you’re sure to get an unbiased perspective of the shaver.
- Not a trimmer. Despite the price tag, the Braun Series 7 790cc 4 electric shaver is for facial hair only. It does not meet most men’s grooming needs. Men who need additional options may need to purchase another machine for trimming or grooming.
- Dry shave only. Although it has contouring technology that prevents skin irritation, this shaver is not designed for wet shaving, which is a definite negative for machine users with very sensitive skin.
- Complex charging system. The cleaning and charging system is a one-click process. However, many users have complained about Braun’s customer service, and, should the charging system fail, getting a replacement is likely to be a difficult process. In addition, corded use is not possible as the battery system must be charged in order to work the machine.
- Maintenance. In addition to difficulties getting replacements, many customers have reported that it can be difficult to get replacements for the 790cc 4 blades. As such, you may have trouble finding parts when you need them.
- Safety. If you have children, the unit needs to be kept under lock and key because the charging station is flammable. The unit includes a special safety system to prevent accidents, and there were no user reports of any safety issues.
Accessories and Additional Parts
The Braun Series 7-790cc Pulsonic shaver for men only comes with the standard accessories. The package includes a Clean & Charge unit, an alcohol cleaning cartridge, a travel case, and an electric cord. It probably isn’t the best option for frequent travelers due to the large charging system, and, since it’s not a trimmer, it doesn’t come with any attachments.
What Users Say
Reviews of the Braun Series 7 790cc foil shaver have been overwhelmingly positive. Most users say that they are extremely happy with the results and that this is the best razor that they have ever had. However, some users reported some technical issues, especially with the charging station. There are also a few users who say that they have coarse beards and, because of this, they have trouble getting the close shave results that Braun advertises. In addition, some customers have reported that they were unable to get replacement parts easily due to having been discontinued.
The Braun Series 7 790cc electric shaver for men seeking primarily a quality daily shaver is a safe investment. Most users are extremely happy with the closeness and evenness of the shave and find the machine easy to work with. However, because this Braun is a dry shaver and therefore you cannot use it in the shower, some potential buyers might prefer a model with a little more flexibility for the money.
What are your thoughts about the Braun Series 7 shaver? Have you used one? If yes, share with us your experience. If not, ask us any questions you might have. We’ll make sure to answer to them. And don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter for more shaving solutions.