Epilators tend to be popular among women for removing hair from legs, underarms, the bikini area, arms, and the face. They can provide a quick hair removal solution that’ll keep hair at bay for a longer period of time. In this Braun Silk Epil 7 review, we’re going to look over this epilator’s features, pros, cons, additional accessories, and user reviews. Said to be Braun’s most efficient epilator, the Silk Epil 7 is virtually painless with regular use, and can keep hair away for several days, as opposed to shaving, which most people have to do every other day.
Braun Silk Epil 7 Product Description
You can use this epilator on either wet or dry skin, without its performance being affected. It eliminates the pain (for it epilates very fast) that you can usually go through during shaving, meaning you don’t have to worry about accidental nicks or razor bumps that razors tend to give you.
This model has up to 40 close grip tweezers to pull up your hairs from the root quickly, with little to no pain. You can use the Silk Epil 7 in the shower and underwater, since the device is 100% waterproof, and because it’s cordless and runs on batteries, you can take it with you and use it anywhere you want.
If you charge the epilator for about an hour, it can run for 40 minutes, which is quite the advantage, since most other epilators can take several hours to charge. The body of the epilator is comfortable to hold, giving you better control and maneuverability. The handy built-in light allows you to see the finest hairs on your skin, such as peach fuzz on your face.
Also, the soft lift tips lift up flat hairs from your skin, and the efficiency cap gives you more sensitive care for areas like the bikini or underarm area. The dual speed gives you control over the power of the device, and to keep it hygienic, the epilator is fully washable.
Braun Silk Epil 7 Pros
The next thing we want to mention in this Silk Epil 7 review are the device’s pros, which make for an easy and smooth hair removal experience.
- 100% waterproof. Because this epilator is waterproof, you can easily use it when you’re in the shower. If you accidentally drop it into the water, it will still work without any problems.
- Cordless. The epilator is battery-powered, and can run for 40 minutes after an hour of charging. This means you can take it with you and use it anywhere, without having to worry about finding a power outlet.
- Built-in light. The built-in light is especially handy for seeing very fine hairs, such as peach fuzz or knuckle hairs.
- Soft lift tips. These lift tips help lift flat hairs from the skin, to prevent the epilator from missing hair, making for smooth skin.
- Dual speed. The dual speed system allows you to adjust the epilator’s speed depending on your preference, for a more comfortable hair removal.
- Pivoting head. The pivoting head adjusts to the contours of your body, for less missed spots or awkward angles.
Braun Silk Epil 7 Cons
Although the Silk Epil 7 has many benefits, as our Braun Silk Epil 7 review has shown up until this point, we also want to mention some issues that some users have come across while using this device.
- Light stays on. Unfortunately, the built-in light can’t be turned off, which can be a bit inconvenient. Otherwise, it helps find short and thin hairs on the skin.
- A bit painful on first use. The epilator can be a bit painful on the first use, but as your hair and skin get used to it, it hurts less and less with each use.
Accessories and Additional Pieces
You can buy the Braun Silk Epil 7 with extra attachments, including a shaver head, trimmer cap, facial head, sensitive area head, efficiency cap, pre-epilation wipes, and a pouch.
What Users Say
Positive Braun Silk Epil 7 reviews point out that while the epilator hurts on the first try, you tend to get used to it after every use. The fact that it can work on both wet and dry skin is very convenient, and it’s quite a worthy investment compared to waxing, since waxing requires constant purchasing of wax. The skin can get a bit red for those who have sensitive skin, but aside from that, the epilator is said to provide a very effective hair removal experience. The 40-minute provides plenty of time for epilating the legs and arms.
Other users mention that patience is important in order to get a consistent result, and that it can be a bit uncomfortable to use the epilator in the underarm area. However, it is easy to clean, and can be used in the shower, since it’s waterproof. Those with sensitive skin may get some slight bumps afterwards, so it’s important to exfoliate and use a toner to prevent such an issue. Using it dry is said to pull more hairs at once.
Negative Braun Silk Epil 7 reviews note issues such as irritated skin and slight pain during the first couple of uses. The pain is more manageable with every use, and the epilator is said to be rather effective, but it’s a bit troublesome for those with sensitive skin. Using the device in the shower takes longer, since it’s harder to grip hairs.
In this Braun Silk Epil 7 review, we looked at an effective epilator for those looking to have smooth skin for at least a week. The epilator is waterproof, and can be used on both wet and dry skin. Being that it’s cordless, you can take it with you, and use it anywhere you go. It can take a little getting used to, but it’s a lot less expensive that spending money on wax or disposable razors. If you want to effortlessly remove hair from your legs, arms, bikini area, underarms, or face, our Braun Silk Epil 7 review should help you tell whether this is the right option for you.