Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3040S is a rechargeable electric rotary shaver made in Germany. It has a waterproof design that makes it a good fit for dry shaving or wet shaving and a triple cutting system with pressure sensitive blades that are gentle on sensitive skin. Our review examines the shaver’s features, its pros and cons, ratings and reviews from verified customers, plus our opinion on this shaver.
Braun Series 3 3040S Product Description
The first notable feature on this Braun Series 3 3040S electric shaver is its advanced shaving technology with sharp blades that cut quickly and gently. The shaver has a micro-comb that gathers more hair for a quick shave in a single pass, which makes this shaver a good fit for sensitive skin.
Braun Series 3 3040S is 100% waterproof. As such you can rinse it under running water. Moreover, this electric shaver has a non-slip, rubber made grip that gives you more control when shaving under wet conditions.
A built-in precision trimmer on this electric shaver for men lets you detail your mustache and sideburns to any style that you want. You can also use the built-in precision trimmer to trim long beards just before you start shaving. Other notable features on this Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3040S are the thin precision head and a patented SensoFoil for sensitive skin.
Braun Series 3 3040S Pros
This electric shaver from Braun has sharp blades, premium battery, a thin precision head, and it is water resistant. These features make shaving an easy and enjoyable experience. Here are some of the pros of using this shaver:
- Ideal for sensitive or normal skin. The thin precision head that cuts more hairs in a single pass significantly lowers irritation after shaving. Its users have also found the patented SensoFoil that shield the skin from razor cuts and the sharp blades that do not pull the hair when cutting ideal for users with sensitive skin.
- Travel-friendly. Another advantage of the Braun Series 3 ProSkin is the powerful battery. A 60-minute charge lasts for 45 minutes, or more than ten shaves. The powerful battery makes it a travel-friendly shaver that is popular with campers and travelers.
- Shaves quickly. Unlike some sub standard shavers that require you to circle on the same spot several times, this electric shaver has ultra-sharp blades that cut quickly through short and long hair in one pass.
- Easy to clean. The Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3040S is an easy to clean shaver that lets you eliminate hair and the shaving gel under a tap or even submerged under water. The rechargeable electric shaver also comes with a cleaning brush that lets you scrub stubborn stubbles and shaving gel.
- Reliable trimmer. Another benefit of this Braun shaver is that you can use it for close shaving or for trimming. For this reason, you can detail your beards, mustache, or sideburn to any style that you prefer.
Braun Series 3 3040S Cons
Even though the 3040S is a reliable shaver, it’s not flawless. Below, we discuss some of the shortcomings that you might experience when using the Braun 3040 shaver.
- A bit bulky. One of the common shortcomings of this electric shaver is its heavy weight that makes shaving a challenging task, more so for people with small hands. The weight of the Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3040S can also hamper your control.
- Razors will eventually go dull. When this happens, the shaver will not work properly anymore and you may need more than a single pass to achieve your expected shaving results. Nevertheless, you can always replace the blades.
- Its shaving head is not flexible. Another shortcoming of the Braun electrical shaver is that its head does not adjust to various contours. Hence, you might experience some trouble when shaving the hair growing on the hard to reach places.
- Shave closeness does not compare to a straight razor. However, no electric shaver will be able to do so – or at least, not one that’s been released on the market yet. For more information, see our article on electric shavers vs. razors.
Accessories and Additional Pieces
The standard package of this shaver includes the Braun 3040S razor, a smart charging cord used to charge the shaver, and a protective cap that will shield the shaving head when not in use. The shaver also comes with a cleaning brush to help clean the shaver after use.
image via: Amazon
What Users Say
This electric shaver has an excellent rating in most online retail stores. For instance, one of the users on Amazon describes this Braun 3040 ProSkin as an excellent, well-made shaver that gives a good shave more so when used for wet shaving. The user continues to say that it charges quickly and keeps powered up for many days.
Markus Dupree even hinted it might be the best shaver for thick hair after using it. He did note it tends to dry out skin if going over the same spot repeatedly, but this is a concern with most electric shavers.
However, some customers say that this shaver only does a good job in the first couple of months. They noticed that after a time, the razors get blunt and can no longer give a clean shave nor cut the flat lying hairs.
Bought this shaver for husband 1 year ago 6-20-18 ,felt need to purchase replacement blade after 9 months,It had stopped getting a satisfactory shave .purchased a replacement blade on,3-2019. and It is not shaving satisfactory.
Very frustrating as my husband has limited hand strength and needs my assistance. Braun claims blades to last 18 months. He only does a dry shave.
claim to last 18 months in brochure.