Aside from waxing or shaving with disposable razors, women tend to often look for alternative like using epilators, which pull hairs rather than cut them. In this Braun Silk Epil 5 5185 review, we’re going to look over this epilator’s features, not to mention its pros, cons, additional accessories, and user reviews. The Silk Epil 5 5185 is a powerful epilator that can remove some of the shortest and finest hairs for up to four weeks of smooth, hairless skin. It’s fully washable under water, so you can keep it clean until the next time you need an epilating session.
Braun Silk Epil 5 5185 Product Description
The Braun Silk Epil 5 5185 features a close-grip technology, with 40 tweezers that are able to remove hair as tiny as a grain of sand (down to 0.5 mm). To see extra fine hairs, the device has a Smartlight that makes it easier to see thin baby hairs, for a smoother hair removal process. It also prevents missed patches and uneven hair growth.
You can change the speed of the epilator with the two speed settings it has, to make it fit your individual skin type and personal beauty routine. The high frequency massage system helps stimulate the skin for a less painful epilation, although those who are new to this may find some discomfort during their first use.
The pivoting head of the device gently adapts to the contours of your legs, arms, bikini area, and even your face, for closer skin contact. Also, the SoftLift Tips lift hairs that lie flat, and help guide them to the tweezers for a more thorough removal. When you’re done using the epilator, you can easily clean it under running water, to get it ready for the next session.
Braun Silk Epil 5 5185 Pros
This Braun Silk Epil 5 5185 review wouldn’t be complete without mentioning the epilator’s main pros. This is what this section is all about.
- User-friendly. This epilator is said to be highly effective and effortless to use, even for the first-time user. It’s as simple as pressing the power button, selecting your preferred speed, and letting the device do the rest.
- Easy to clean. After using the epilator, you can clean it using a cleaning brush or putting it under running water.
- Can use while charging. Unlike most epilators, you can use the Silk Epil 5 5185 while it’s charging, which is especially handy if you don’t have time to wait for a full charge.
- Portable. The device is small enough to carry with you anywhere, so you can use it wherever you please.
- Dual security reduces hair growth. The dual security system helps reduce hair growth and keep hair at bay, for several weeks of smooth skin.
Braun Silk Epil 5 5185 Cons
If in the previous section, we’ve dealt with the device’s pros, it’s time to take a look at the cons as well.
- Slightly painful first uses. The first couple of uses are said to be a bit uncomfortable, but many start to get used to it, to the point where the pain subsides significantly.
- Only corded version. Unfortunately, there is only a corded version of this device, which can be inconvenient for those who don’t particularly like dealing with cords.
- Can irritate sensitive skin. The epilator may not be ideal for sensitive skin types. Because epilators pull hairs out rather than cut them, it can result in some irritation, which is why exfoliation and using a toner is important.
Accessories and Additional Pieces
Along with the Braun Silk Epil 5 5185 comes an extra-gentle cooling glove to be used before epilation, to further improve your comfort, and a small cleaning brush for maintenance.
What Users Say
A positive Braun Silk Epil 5 5185 review points out that the epilator is really easy to use, since it doesn’t have so many confusing buttons or settings. It hurts a bit on the first couple of tries, but you tend to get used to it after a while. Some may experience a lot of sensitivity on the underarms, but this depends on your pain tolerance. It effectively removes hair, and is said to keep hair away longer than shavers or waxing. The light is extra nifty, since some may have hard-to-see blonde hairs or baby hairs.
Other Braun Silk Epil 5 5185 reviews state that while the device is gentle, and picks up at least 98% of hairs, the cord can sometimes be a bit finicky, and can be pulled out of the socket a little too easily. The epilator cuts shaving time in half, and leaves your skin smooth for more than a week, but it can hurt the first few times, especially for those who are new to epilating. The skin can get a bit irritated if you have sensitive skin, although it causes hair to grow back in finer and thinner strands.
Another Braun Silk Epil 5 5185 review notes issues such as an uncomfortable pulling sensation. The epilator is said to be rather quiet, and is easy to clean, but the cord is frustrating, since it can easily become unplugged. The pivoting head isn’t too effective apparently, for some find the device is easier to use without it. Hair grows back finer, but it’s not comfortable to use on the face and other sensitive areas.
This Braun Silk Epil 5 5185 review certainly proved that this device is an effective epilator for those who are looking for an alternative way to remove hair. It has two speeds that can provide give extra-gentle or high-efficiency epilation, and its SoftLift Tips further helps guide hairs towards the 40 tweezers for removal. The Braun Silk Epil 5 5185 can be quite the useful tool for women who seek smooth skin for weeks.