image by pixabay
If you are interested in moving into the world of electric razors, there are plenty of options out there. Many of these work in the shower so you can shave not only in wet conditions but with shaving cream (which is important if you suffer from razor burns and bumps). With price tags ranging from $ to $$$, there is no shortage of cost points and features. You need to go with what works for you and your budget.
What Is An Electric Razor?
An electric razor uses spinning or rotating blades to trim your hair. These offer you a fast and efficient shave although most cannot shave as close as a traditional blade. These devices allow you to avoid the problem of constantly buying new blades and dealing with the other problems associated with safety razors. It is important to see an electric razor as an investment instead of a major purchase as these devices will last you years when taken care of.
Electric Razor Vs. Safety Razors
In terms of shave closeness, a safety razor will always win although the high-end electric razors are not far off. Electric razors are easier to travel with and come with several features. The equipment is bulkier and will cost more up front.
15 Which Come Highly Recommended
image by pexels
The best way to consider the most recommended electric razors is to look over the total reviews for products on retail stores. This way, you can identify products that fit your price point, offer the features you’re in need of and are recommended by other users. When taking all of that into account, these are 15 electric razors you need to consider.
1. Hatteker Men’s Electric Shaver Razor Beard Trimmer
This is one of the current top electric razor options available. It can be purchased for under $$ and has a removable head that works both as a third head razor and as a hair trimmer for cutting around your neckline while also cutting around facial hair. It works both as a dry shaver and in the shower, giving you the best of both worlds. It also works both on the skin and with shaving creams and gel. So, no matter how you want to shave, this option has several features you’ll enjoy.
2. Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 2100
No products found.
This is another option you can find for under $$. It is a basic design but works when you want a standard razor from Philips, which is one of the leading manufacturers of electric razors. This design has three flexible heads that rotate in four directions to give you a close shave. It sharpens itself as it runs so it will never pull at hair and it is easy to clean by removing the head and running it under water (although the razor itself needs to stay out of the shower).
3. Braun Electric Razor For Men Series 3 ProSkin 3010
No products found.
If you like the flat edge of a razor but want an electric design, this Braun Electric Razor is the way to go. It uses a comfortable, handheld design that will cost you around $$. It also shaves against shaving cream if you enjoy this option (and can shave in the shower). There are five pressure-sensitive shaving elements to work against your skin and comes in a blue and black design.
4. Braun Electric Shaver Series 3 ProSkin 3040
- CLOSE, CLEAN SHAVE: 3 blade free floating system follows facial contours for a flawless finish and includes a middle...
- CAPTURES MORE HAIR: Precision trimmer for accurate moustache and sideburn trimming, includes a specialized MicroComb...
- BUILT TO LAST: Durable cordless electric shaver, lasting up to 7 years and designed for hair removal with water, foam or...
This variation of the Braun Electric Razor Series 3 goes for about $ more than the ProSkin 3010. Built much like the other design it uses a 2x SensoFoil and middle trimmer for when you have thicker hair and want a closer shave. This razor also allows you to move faster than the ProSkin 3010, so when you are really in a hurry or when you have more hair to deal with, this is a solid razor to consider under $$$.
5. Remington F5-5800 Foil Saver Men’s Electric Razor
- Pivot and Flex Foil Technology Stays close to skin for smooth results
- Rechargeable battery 60 minutes of cordless runtime.To clean the external surfaces of the shaver, use a damp cloth
- Pop up Detail Trimmer For finishing touches on your facial hair and sideburns.Do not use strong detergents or other...
This is another design that proves you don’t need to spend a ton to get a highly recommended review (it has a 4 star Amazon review out of over 3,100 reviews). You can use it both cordless and while connected to the charger. Plus the 60-minute cordless run-time makes it a great tool for traveling with. The pivot and flex heads work to give you a close shave around your jawline although it is a dry only electric razor.
6. Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 3100
- Enjoy an easy and convenient shave with more comfort at an affordable price.
- The blades' rounded edges move smoothly over your skin for a more comfortable shave.
- Heads flex in 4 directions to easily shave every curve of your face and neck.
This electric razor runs just under $$. The four direction Flex heads make it easy to curve to your neck and face while the pull-out comfort cut blade helps you keep your sideburns and other facial hair in check.
7. Braun Electric Shaver Series 7 790cc
- Intelligent Sonic technology automatically increases power while shaving in difficult areas and on denser hair
This electric razor is the first of the bunch to substantially increase in price, with it costing you just under $$$. However, you receive a substantial razor when you purchase this device. The four synchronized shaving elements give you a clean shave. It also catches all the hair it cuts on you with 10,000 micro-vibrations. This way, you’re not dusting off your clothing during a dry shave to knock off hair and skin flakes from your clothing. It uses a cleaning dock that neutralizes dirt and keeps it clean while it soaks and charges at the same time. Plus, if you need to travel and can’t take the full liquid dock there is an individual cord for charging. This razor also lets you shave wet or dry.
8. Philips Norelco Shaver 4500
- Designed with your skin in mind, Philips Norelco Shaver 4500 lets you shave any way you want for a comfortable dry shave...
- Protect your skin with our unique Dual Precision shaving system to deliver a smooth shave that's gentle on your skin;...
- The pivot, flex & float heads follow every contour of your face to remain in close contact with skin for a fast shave...
The Norelco Shaver 4500 is designed to cut both long and short hair. Unlike other electric razors that don’t work on longer hair, you’ll always be able to get a close shave. It works in both wet and dry conditions plus the integrated pop-up trimmer is an excellent tool for your sideburns. It comes in at around $$.
9. Panasonic ES8243A Arc4 Electric Razor
- Sharp Men’s Shaver Blades: Panasonic ARC4 men's electric shaver with four ultra sharp precision honed 30° Nanotech...
- Wet/Dry Electric Shaver and Trimmer 2 in 1: Built in pop up trimmer details mustaches, beards and sideburns; Wet/dry...
- Flexible Pivoting Head: Panasonic flexible pivoting electric shaver head glides effortlessly to trace the individual...
This electric razor gives you a handle and feels closely resembling that of a safety razor. So if you like the feel of the classic design but want the electric offering, this Panasonic device is for you. At just under $$$ it works both wet and dry plus the four arc system shifts to the contours of your face, giving you a pristine shave every time.
10. SweetLF 3D Waterproof IPX 7
- USB QUICK-CHARGING & LED DISPLAY- Enjoy up to about 120 minutes of shaving (or approximately 30 full shaves). The shaver...
- A SMOOTH AND CLOSE SHAVE - With 4-direction floating heads, the 3D rotary shaver automatically adapts to the contours of...
- POP-UP TRIMMER & ONE TOUCH OPEN - Skin-friendly and convenient pop-up beard trimmer easily trims sideburns, moustache...
Here is the least expensive electric shaver on the list. Running at around $, it gives you a solid design for when you don’t want to spend much money. Using a USB Quick-Charge, you can plug it in using a cell phone charger if you forgot the actual cable at home. It requires only one hour to charge, is easy to clean, and works in both wet and dry conditions.
11. Braun Electric Razor Series 5 5190cc
This is another electric razor on the higher end, costing just under $$$. It uses an eight-direction comfort flex head design for a close shave. It also works both wet and dry while coming with a cleaning dock that cleans your razor while it charges.
12. Rotary Shaver For Men
- 【Close Shaving Experience】Flyco US378 men's rotary electric shavers are equipped with 3 floating shaving heads that...
- 【2-Year Manufacturer's Warranty】 We offer 24-month manufacturer's warranty for this high quality mens electric...
- 【Quick-Charging Electric Razors with Time Display】This mens razor is fully charged within 1 hour and provides 90...
This $ electric razor uses a beautiful design and charges through a USB cable connection. You can also use it in both wet and dry conditions. It comes with a travel case for when you want to take it on the road but don’t want hair particles falling off of the charger.
13. Philips Norelco OneBlade Electric Trimmer And Shaver
- The Philips Norelco OneBlade is a revolutionary electric grooming tool with technology designed for men who wear...
- The unique OneBlade shaving technology integrates a fast moving cutter (200x per second) with a dual protection system...
- Shave any length: not as close as a traditional blade so your skin stays comfortable; Trim it down: 3 click on combs for...
The design of this electric razor stands out as it looks more like a disposable razor but uses a uniquely designed, individual head. When you want something smaller and don’t like the bulk of other razors, this is an option (and costs around $). It is half traditional blade razor and half electric razor.
14. Braun Electric Shaver Series 9 9290cc Foil Shaver
- World’s most efficient electric shaver . Efficient, close and gentle, for a flawless shave
- Best efficiency: 5 shaving elements get more hair in one stroke than any other shavers
- Best for gentleness: sonic vibrations glide over your skin for maximum skin comfort
This is the most expensive of the bunch and runs at $$$. However, when you want the best of the best, both in terms of look and in terms of feel, this is it. Like the other higher priced shavers it has a charging and cleaning dock. However, this shaver uses a beautifully crafted foil design that looks like it’s from the future.
15. Phisco Electric Shaver Razor for Me 2-in-1 Beard Trimmer
- 🌸[3D Razor Heads & Pop-up Trimmer]: The electric razor head is made by Double-track Ultra Thin Spherical Cutter Net...
- 🌸【Wet and dry, IPX7 Waterproof】The electric shaver has an IPX 7 waterproof rating. Therefore, you can enjoy it...
- 🌸[USB charging & LED display]: It takes 1 hour to fully charge the electric shaver through the USB cable, and it can...
This is a USB charge waterproof razor. It has an elegant handle and three head design. The $ price tag works along with the other razors while using a digital LED display to show you how much power it has, whether the heads need to be cleaned and other important details. Plus with the built-in beard trimmer, it gives you all the tools you need without the giant price tag.
image by pixabay
There are a ton of fantastic electric razor options out there for you to choose from. You must decide if you like the flat blades, which are like a safety razor, or if you like the circular design. Once you know this, you’ll be able to better pick the razor that works with your individual needs.