This article intends to review the Philips Norelco Multigroom 5100 on topics including price range, features, and recommendations over other men’s shavers. Philips has created an all-in-one grooming, shaving, and trimming package, but what makes this trimmer better than other comparable ones on the market? It is up to the consumer to truly decide that. Hopefully, after reading this article, you are able to get a better understanding of trimmers and whether the Philips Norelco Multigrrom 5100 is the right one for you.
Philips Norelco Multigroom 5100 Description
Most trimmers have similar purposes: to provide a great experience in trimming or shaving unwanted hairs on the body. This is the most basic purpose of all trimmers, but the Philips Norelco goes an extra step further. Included in the package at purchase is a grooming kit including the trimmer itself, fully washable and turbo-powered, a detail trimmer, beard and stubble combs, nose trimmer, hair clipping comb, and even a mini foil shaver.
You can see a customer-made video discussing the Philips Norelco Multigroom 5100 here:
This shaver/trimmer combo is easily used by anybody, beginners and experts alike. The Philips Norelco 5100 offers ultimate comfort and protection due to the high-quality blade design and blade attachments. The Philips Norelco Multigroom 5100 is water resistant, giving it an advantage over other shavers during wet shaving.
The Philips Norelco 5100 has a strong list of features that give it an edge over other shaving competition.
- Lots of Length Settings. Featuring over 48 integrated length settings, 4 attachments and 3 combs, perfect for any type of facial hair style, such as goatees or beards.
- Great For Travel. Featuring an all inclusive package, this trimmer zips up in seconds, making shaving or grooming on the go as simple as ever. The box also reduces at home clutter as well, making this product a model example of convenient storage.
- Water Resistant. As said before, the groomer is water resistant. This means that you can shave in a wet setting such as the shower. This makes cleaning incredibly simple as well; simply rinse the groomer under the faucet for a quick and seamless cleanup process that is not messy.
- Battery and Charging. Battery life is an absolute plus with the Philips Norelco Multigroom 5100, charging in only 1 hour and giving a full 60 minutes of usage when complete. The Philips Norelco also features a 5-minute quick charge option for one complete trim when there’s not enough time to fully charge.
- Incredible Cut. The Philips Norelco features skin friendly, high-performance blades intended to make shaving incredibly precise. The self-sharpening blades guarantee maximum performance over time while rounded blade tips and combs do well to prevent skin irritation when grooming. It also features a Turbo button, putting the shaver into overdrive for a power boost when shaving, especially with thick hair.
- Wireless Shaving. Usable with or without the cord plugged in, the Philips Norelco 5100 can be used to shave anywhere. Use it in the bathroom with the cord and in the car or when away from home with its wireless features.
- Below Average Warranty. The purchase comes with a 12-month limited warranty, which, in comparison with other shavers, is average at best. If using the warranty, the original receipt must be given in order to receive product repair or replacement. Compared to other products with better warranties, the Philips Norelco 5100 stacks up just “okay”.
- Price. Coming in at a price range between $50 and $75 at the time of writing, the price is okay if you compare it with other trimmers, but it’s definitely no the cheapest.
Accessories & Additional Pieces
Included in the packaging box is one Philips Norelco trimmer, various attachments and combs for different lengths of shaving, a nose trimmer, and a hair clipping comb as well. Also features a charger with cord and plug. Everything fits into the included travel care case.
What Users Say
All in all, users gave the Philips Norelco 5100 an average 4-star rating. This is based on the average rating of all reviews.
One user claimed that any Philips product he has ever used met and exceeded his quality standards, stating the Philips Norelco Multigroom 5100 works as advertised and is of high-quality design and use. The only reason he bought this shaver is because his old one lasted so long!
Another user thought the Philips Norelco Multigroom 5100 was well priced and well made, stating that it performed much better than other shavers he has had before. Another woman said that her boyfriend loves it, and even she uses it sometimes!
Finally, a frequent amount of users complain about battery life, citing that after weekly usage over a year’s worth of shaving, the battery will not hold a charge without the cord attached.
The Philips Norelco Multigroom 5100 is an impressive trimmer and shaver combo, offering top of the line features for groomers. One of the greatest features is its amount of attachments, making custom shaving or trimming easier than ever. Battery life seems okay, so prepare to replace it within a year or two. Overall, the Philips Norelco 5100 is a trustworthy option. After all pros and cons weighed, the Philips Norelco 5100 is a safe bet when choosing a new grooming device.